Thomas J. CurcioPartner
- Email Thomas J. Curcio ›
With over 30 years of experience behind him, Tom is a formidable attorney inside and out of court. Hardworking and sympathetic to his client’s needs, Tom fights passionately for maximum compensation in every case. A graduate of the State University of New York at Stony Brook and the George Washington University National Law Center, he handles personal injury cases, including automobile accidents, wrongful death, brain injury cases, product liability cases, and slip and fall cases. He currently serves as Immediate Past-President of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, and is a frequent writer and speaker on evidence, personal injury and related topics. He is co-author of “Evidence for the Trial Lawyer” published yearly since 2005 by LexisNexis and the VTLA. He was named Washington DC Best Lawyers Personal Injury Litigation “Plaintiffs’ Lawyer of the Year” for 2012. His experience includes the successful representation of a seriously injured passenger of the 2009 WMATA (DC Metro) Fort Totten train crash and working towards the maximum recovery for widows of September 11th, 2001 attack on the pentagon.
Outside of the office Tom enjoys cycling and taking his wife, 2 sons, and their friends out on the Potomac River to wakeboard and wake surf on his boat.
- Virginia Supreme Court
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- George Washington University, J.D., 1983
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A., 1979
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Virginia State Bar
- Served as a member on the Fourth District Committee, Section II.
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- President and Executive Council Member, 2008 to present; actively involved since 1984, chairing many committees and subcommittees
- American Association for Justice
- Member of the Bicycle Litigation Group
- Alexandria Bar Association (mentor)
Honors, Awards, Appointments and Publications
- Best Lawyers in America
- Superlawyers in Virginia
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Lawyers
- Lead Author, Evidence for the Trial Lawyer (9th edition, LexisNexis)
- Member, Boyd-Graves Conference
- VSB Ethics board
- Northern Virginia Magazine Top Lawyers
- Featured in Washington Business Journal’s People on the Move
- One of Virginia Lawyers Media’s “Leaders in the Law” of 2013
Evidence For the Trial Lawyer
By Thomas J. Curcio
This VTLA Classic Publication, is now updated and available in a new softbound format! This valuable resource offers practical guidance and authoritative commentary on the laws and rules that govern the collection and presentation of evidence in a trial.
Call 1-800-223-1940 to Order